Want to make a dessert that is light and cool for a hot summer night? Here is how to make an easy banana pudding. I needed a simple, cool, refreshing dessert to take to an outdoor barbecue one hot summer night. The menu was the typical burgers and brats, with potato salad and beans, and lots of chips served with lots of dip. There was also the requisite veggie tray and fruit tray. I’m sure you can picture it in your mind’s eye right now. Lots of food and lots of friends having a happy, good time. After the heavy meal, I wanted to serve something cool and relaxing to help us enjoy the remainder of the evening. I decided on an old standby – a comfort food for many of us — banana pudding. But I also decided to kick it up a notch. Here is my recipe for Easy Banana Pudding. Take it your next barbecue. They will love it.
Easy Banana Pudding
- 10 - 12 small ice cream waffle bowls
- 1 bag Vanilla Wafers (or 2 bags if not using the waffle bowls)
- 6 - 8 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (5 oz ) box Banana Creme instant pudding mix (or Vanilla or French Vanilla)
- 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz) container of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Using an electric mixer, combine the milk and pudding mix in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Blend until smooth and creamy. Then add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and blend until smooth.
- Gently fold the whipped topping into the pudding mixture until it is well blended.
- For individual bowls, slice the bananas. Put several slices of banana and several cookies into each waffle bowl. Cover with the pudding mix. Add another layer of banana, cookies, and pudding. Top it off with an extra cookie. Place in the refrigerator and chill at least an hour until set.
- For a large serving bowl. slice the bananas. Place a layer of cookies in the bottom of a large serving bowl. Top with a layer of bananas. Top with a layer of pudding. Add another layer of cookies, bananas, and pudding. Continue to layer with cookies, bananas, and pudding until you have used all of the pudding. Top with a final layer of cookies. Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least an hour until set before serving.
Want to stay connected? Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.